The SOP is designed to lay down the disciplinary actions and judgments relevant to procedure and organization for students who do not fulfill the tasks imposed laws, rules, regulations and directives within and outside the institution, do not comply with normative issues, does forbidden activities, or students who shows behavior incompatible with honor and dignity of a student.
Disciplinary penalties, actions and disciplinary authorities with the right to give these disciplinary penalties, disciplinary boards and disciplinary investigations, appeal to these penalties and principles and procedures to apply these penalties to students in institutions are determined.
This committee is empowered to handle both the serious grievances of the students and disciplinary issues of the students. Handling of “grievances” of the students will be on the lines of As per All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) (Establishment of Mechanism for Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012, F.No. 37-3/Legal/2012 dated 25 May 2012.
The committee has to ensure enough steps are taken
- If in case any person approaches any of the committee member, the member is immediately required to inform other committee coordinator.
- A written complaint is required to be taken from the aggrieved person.
- The aggrieved person is within his/her rights to submit complaint within 90 days of the incident / last incident.
- Necessary action to be taken will include settling the matter through as soon as possible.
- In case the matter is not so resolved, inquiry to be conducted and matter to be sorted out within 10 days from the date of compliant.
The following complaints of the aggrieved students can be addressed –
- Making admission contrary to merit determined in accordance with the declared admission policy of the Institute.
- Irregularity in the admission process adopted by the Institute.
- Refusing admission in accordance with the declared admission policy of the institute.
- Withhold or refuse to return any document in the form of certificates of degree, diploma or any other award or other document deposited with it by a person for the purpose of seeking admission in such institution, with a view to induce or compel such person to pay any fee or fees in respect of any course or programme of study which such person does not intend to pursue.
- Demand of money in excess of that specified in the declared admission policy or approved by the competent authority to be charged by such institution.
- Breach of the policy for reservation in admission as may be applicable.
- Complaints of alleged discrimination by students from Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, OBC, women, minority or disabled categories.
- Nonpayment or delay in payment of scholarships to any students that such institution is committed, under the conditions imposed by AICTE, or by any other authority.
- Delay in conduct of examinations or declaration of results beyond that specified in the academic calendar.
- On provision of student amenities as may have been promised or required to be provided by the institution.
- Denial of quality education as promised at the time of admission or required to be provided.
- Non transparent or unfair evaluation practices.
- Harassment and victimization of students including sexual harassment
- Refund of fees on withdrawal of admissions as per AICTE instructions from time to time.
Constitution of the committee:
Chairman: Dr. Mahesh T. Chhabria (Principal)
Chief Coordinator: Dr. Anuradha Gajjar
Members: Dr. Gaurang Shah, Dr. Nayan Ratnakar, Dr. Sandip Dholakia, Ms. Divya Teli
Any of the following may be contacted verbally or in writing, at any time, for lodging complaints:
Dr. Anuradha Gajjar Send email email@example.com (9925140156)
Dr. Gaurang Shah Send email firstname.lastname@example.org (9824406772)
Link for Internal Complaint Committee and Grievance Redressal Cell of LMCP: https://lmcp.emli.in/student-lmcp.php
- a) University Act 2016, AICTE rules and Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013.
- b) As per AICTE (Establishment of Mechanism for Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012, F.No. 37-3/Legal/2012 dated 25 May 2012.